my life. in frames.

M Y   L I F E .  I N   F R A M E S.

Monday, September 25, 2006
Nightride 2

Today me and Ken went out to ride once again.. with two purpose. Check out the Hillview Haunted house AND to eat ROTI PRATA. I realised that there was a prata shop really near my house at Hillview near QianQi's house. (YAY! no more GOMBAKS) but you have to cycle up this darn hill. After eating roti prata we headed straight for the haunted house. It was on the way.. helll we dun even know if it's the correct "haunted House"...... haha anyways we found a really really dilapidated house right at the TOP of the hill... yea we cycled up after straight after the roti prata. my bike's having some stupid problem... when i put too much force on it it'd change gears.. weird stuff... i stopped halfway up the hill and felt stitches ( cuz of the dang pratas...) and ken the "macho" man continued cycling. The haunted house was like so far up this final hill and it was so steep even ken couldn't pedal anymore. haha. anyways when we reached the house was SOOOO DARK we couldn't even see anithing! here are some pics. i tried my best! really!



This is the gate to the "haunted house". really spooky.. it's all locked up and the fence has outward pointing spikes to prevent pple from climbing over. not only that, there is military barbed wire of top of the spikes. It's crazy defence man! It's just so rottened up and you cant see any more then 10 metres thru the gate. It's total darkness inside.



(told you i really tried!)

I tried to use a 30 second long exposure (handheld, didn't bring my tripod. But i had the liberty of resting the camera on the gate) not only that, it is on maximum light sensitivity of ISO3200. and still you can see that it's still total darkness inside. you cant see anything at all. So after awhile, i gave up. Ken was already impatient and was riding around in circles. haha.

we just went down the hill after that and as it was so steep it was REALLY FUN. the speed is astonishing i tell you.. even the brakes cant keep up. Ken was telling me that he was squeezing his brakes real real tight and his wheels were still spinning on. Those are high grade BMX brakes mind you. i felt like my bicycle's bearing was push over the limits and i could already hear the whining sound. lucky i had my front brake so braking wasn't much of a problem... i had to lightly tap it though, or i'd frontflip down the hill and that's the end of mr. loyshibin

we found a spot that was rather tough to ride at the bottom of the hill and while ken was trying it out i went to shoot a little more along the road. i received loads of weird stares from passerbys and even pple from the cars. so damn malu lah... but WTH. Here's the result of it.



Well heck. if I cant shoot haunted houses, i might as well shoot GHOST BUSES. Okay i basically did this shot by leaving my cam on the pavement. i was on the narrow road devider risking my life damnit... i used rear sync flash and set my shutter to bulb mode. when the bus was coming i depressed the shutter button and when it was nearing, i released the button and the rear sync flash would fire too. After this the bus slowed down and the bus uncle was staring at me from hell la... i was so damn paiseh lah.. but wth. i dun know him and he dun know me. so that's fine i guess. hahaha

posted by shibin at 1:26 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



------------------------------------